Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is a wholly private indigenous pharmaceutical manufacturing group founded in 1984 by Dr. Stella C. Okoli, OON. The company is into the manufacture of high quality pharmaceutical products and medical consumables. Its holding company, Emzor Chemists Limited opened for retail business in January 1977 in Yaba, Lagos.
The rapid growth of the retail business encouraged Emzor Chemists Limited to venture into the importation and wholesale of assorted pharmaceuticals. The idea to manufacture locally came later and this was predicated on the need to develop local capability, create jobs and provide high quality pharmaceutical products and services to the Nigerian people at prices that are not only affordable but represent value.
Emzor Pharmaceutical Ind. Ltd. started pilot production in 1985. By 1988 it had become an established pharmaceutical manufacturing company especially with the introduction of Emzor Paracetamol which is today a leading brand of analgesic not only in Nigeria but across Sub Saharan Africa.
The company’s factory is located in the Isolo industrial area of Lagos with facilities to make a wide variety of high quality pharmaceutical products that meet international standards at affordable and competitive prices. All Emzor products meet the highest international standards and are duly registered with NAFDAC.
The then secretary of Health to the Interim National Government Dr. Christopher Okojie officially commissioned the company’s factory in July 1993. The company has since attracted foreign missions, scholars, and students of pharmacy, microbiology and chemistry. In April 1999, Prof. Debo Adeyemi, the Honorable Minister of Health, commissioned the factory extension.
From the modest beginning with four (4) products in 1987, we now manufacture in our factory a wide range of products in the analgesic, anti-malaria, vitamin/haematinics/multivitamin supplement, anti-helmintic, antibiotics and therapeutic categories. The company has in its stable more than 120 different products.
Today, Emzor has become a household name in Nigeria and a leader in the pharmaceutical market that is known for quality products at prices that offer real value. These products are widely distributed throughout Nigeria and the West African coast. Our commitment is to produce and deliver flawless products on time and every time.
We now have a new state of the art manufacturing plant, located in Shagamu, Ogun State. Designed, built and equipped to meet the highest global standards as well as World health Organisation specifications, the plant represents a major milestone in our nation’s journey towards health self-sufficiency. The new factory is an embodiment of a complement of ultra-modern segments that make an amazing wholesome healthcare destination. With several production lines, the factory is poised to meet the ever increasing need for excellent healthcare products across our nation and indeed our continent. This landmark is indeed a milestone in the healthcare development of our country and is already giving hope and inspiration to the next generation.
To be the leading healthcare company in Africa through the provision of world-class products and services.
We have an unwavering commitment to provide our customers with healthcare products and services of consistently high quality, made readily available at prices which create value for all stakeholders. We continuously develop and reward people of integrity who subscribe to hard work and creativity as a means of achieving individual and corporate excellence.
We envision a world where Unlimited Wellness is made available to all and affordable by all.
1. Commitment: We recognize the customer as the centre of our entire operations and we have a strong spiritual and mental resolve to the cause of improved well being for all. As a result, we do not spare any resource or investment in projects and services that have direct impact on the wellbeing of our community.
2. Passion: We are a people with our passion rooted in the deep personal engagement of all staff who go the extra mile to deliver time valued quality products and services to the delight of our customers. Every project is handled to deliver real time and on time value.
3. Energy: At Emzor, we strengthen our vertebrae, get up and go! Despite any obstacle, we strive to get the job done. Coming together, working together and getting it done. We have a collegiate management system that actively seeks inputs for decision making. We are a great team on a relay where every component is important and valued.
4. Excellence: We are a people who dare all odds, challenge the status quo and cross all obstacles in achieving our goals and thus sustain our competitiveness and leadership in the industry. We invest in capacity building and competence enhancement to empower our people to deliver the highest quality products and services. We practice meritocracy to reward excellence and performance as a sure way for continued innovation, creativity and career fulfilment.
5. Character: In Emzor, honesty and transparency in all our operations are the hallmarks of our business and this forms the basis of our most minimum expectations from all stakeholders because we understand the value of trust and integrity in business as in life. We exhibit candor and authenticity, standing up for a cause, speaking out and speaking up.
Emzor has been recognized by numerous professional organizations’ certifications and by industry publications. Others have applauded our commitment to quality and our stellar business performance. The company is proud of the contributions made toward breathing health into the lives of people in Africa and around the world.
LIST OF CERTIFICATIONS
NAFDAC Certification: All our products are registered by the appropriate regulatory authority in Nigeria (National Agency For Food and Drug Administration and Control).
As a result of our commitment to quality and excellent performance, we have been recognized. Among these numerous awards are:
- Best Indigenous (Nigeria) Pharmaceutical Manufacturer (Board of Fellows of Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria).
- Pan Africa (PABHA) Best Award Winner on Entrepreneurial Business (Pan African Broadcasting House Association).
- Most Admired Nigerian Pharmaceutical Company (Chartered Institute of Marketing in Nigeria).
- West African Best Technology Driven Pharmaceutical Company (African Infotechs Award).
- Distinguished Florence Nightingale Partnership Award (National Association of Nigeria Nurses and Midwives).
- Outstanding Indigenous Entrepreneur (Pharmanews).
- Appreciation awards from Handicapped Affairs Association of Nigeria, Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria and Association of Lady Pharmacists.
Only recently our Founder and Group Managing Director was one of the awardees at the 2012 Conference of the International Women Entrepreneurial Challenge, IWEC
Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries Limited is a success because of its people. The management style is participatory and team leaders are people with vast experience and comprehensive education.
STELLA CHINYELU OKOLI (OON)
Dr Stella Chinyelu Okoli, OON, is the Founder and Group Managing Director of Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries Limited. She attended All Saints Primary School Onitsha and Ogidi Girls’ Secondary School Ogidi, both in Anambra State, obtaining her West African School Certificate in 1964. She later proceeded to the United Kingdom for her tertiary education and obtained a B.Pharm (Hons) and an MSc in Bio-pharmaceutics from University of London, Chelsea College in 1971. She has attended The Harvard Business School Owner–Manager Program; the Chief Executive Programme of Lagos Business School and I.E.S.E, Business School, Barcelona, Spain.
She founded Chike Okoli Foundation (COF) in 2006 in memory of her beloved son Chike. The Foundation set up a Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, and trains more than 250 students in entrepreneurship every year. The Foundation has reached over 1,500,000 people across Nigeria on lifestyle interventions.
She bagged the International Entrepreneurial Challenge (IWEC) Award. She has been conferred with the Member of Order of Nigeria, MON and the Officer of the Order of the Niger, OON by the President and Commander-In-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. She is a recipient of the 2014 CePAT Honors Lifetime Achievement Award and the 2016 Ernst and Young Lifetime Achievement Award, as well as the 2016 Institute of Directors Lifetime Achievement Award.
- The Manufacturing Team
The team consists mainly of the Production Unit, the Quality Assurance Unit, the Engineering Unit and the Materials\Logistics Unit. Personnel for the team are a cream of highly skilled and motivated professionals with a cumulative working experience of over 150 years achieved working in different companies both within and outside the Nigerian pharmaceutical industry.
In addition to qualifications obtained both at graduate and post-graduate levels from internationally renowned institutions of higher learning, team members have at various times attended technical and management training programs within and outside Nigeria.
Technical trainings have been obtained at such organizations as Manesty Machines Limited, UK, Horn + Noack ROMACO Pharmatechnik GmbH, IMA Industria Machine Automatiche spa etc. Training on international analytical validation was organized by AMSCO / APDF, UK. Various reputable training institutions including the Lagos Business School have participated in training the management team.
- The Sales and Marketing Team
The team comprises both the Sales and Marketing functions of the company. Personnel for the team are drawn mainly from the pharmaceutical and basic biological sciences, and have proven track records from the pharmaceutical industry. Team members are highly skilled, talented and motivated professionals who are backed by several years of working experience within the Nigerian pharmaceutical industry and are constantly seeking to break into new markets and take the organization to new frontiers.
The sales force consists among others, more than 40 highly trained medical\sales representatives who detail the products to doctors, nurses, pharmacists and other health care providers. The marketing unit comprises pharmacists and market research executives.
- The Research and Development Team
Personnel for the team are drawn from various fields including pharmacy, chemistry (pure and applied), biochemistry, microbiology, etc. and members have graduate and post-graduate qualifications. The team is made up of highly skilled and motivated scientists who have acquired several years of experience working with various pharmaceutical companies within and outside Nigeria. The scientists are in constant touch with the latest information and emerging global trends in pharmaceutical research and development.
Regular deliberations with the marketing team helps in directing the energies of the research team, nonetheless innovation is highly encouraged.
- The Human Resource, Finance and Audit Team
This HR team hires, trains, and maintains the motivation of the workforce. The objective is to give work a meaning and assist every employee in becoming the best he/she is capable of being. To this end, sound company policies and welfare packages to ensure actualization of company and individual aspirations are developed. The Finance team, comprising qualified and experienced accountants, has the important task of managing the company’s financial resources which include ensuring that proper records of transactions are kept and that funds are available for the smooth running of the organization.
The internal Audit team is made up of qualified and skilled auditors who ensure compliance with management policies and statutory regulations in order to reduce unintentional mistakes and irregularities.
OUR PRODUCT CATEGORIES
Emzor’s commitment to the highest quality and international best practices is unquestionable.
All our products are duly registered with the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC.
- ANALGESICS such as Emzor Paracetamol, Emcap Extra, Emprim, Emzor Para1000, etc
- ANTACIDS such as Emtrisil etc
- ANTI ESTROGEN
- ANTI- HELMINTICS – Zolat etc
- ANTI –HYPERTENSIVES
- ORS AND ANTI- DIARRHOEA EG Emzolyte ORS plus Zinc
- MULTIVITAMINS such as Emvit-C, Em-B Plex, Em-Vite, Folic Acid, Zoramin Syrup etc
- ANTI-MALARIALS such as Lokmal etc
- ANTI-TUSSIVES like Emzolyn Cough Syrup etc
- HAEMATINICS such as Emzoron Capsules and Tonic
EMZOR CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
EMZOR’S continuous desire to touch lives and make a difference made them develop humanitarian programs under their new corporate social responsibility platform – The Emzor Wellness Foundation. The Foundation continues to open new frontiers in order to reach out to more people with the helping hand that brings wellness.
This foundation was founded to perform the CSR function of Emzor Pharmaceuticals. It therefore performs the following responsibilities;
- Donation of food items and medications to Orphanages, Schools and Homes for the Blind, Handicapped and under- privileged.
- Pharmacist Assistant Training in different states in Nigeria
- Mass Deworming Project
- Emzor Wellness Race
- Free Health Mission
- Community Projects
- Monthly Free Health Program
- Commissioning of Customer Service Unit
As part of activities marking its 25th Anniversary, Emzor unveiled its Corporate Mantra, called Emzor Wellocracy. The word is coined from WELLNESS and DEMOCRACY. Wellness is the Brand Promise of Emzor Pharmaceutical Industries and Democracy is the ideal nation.
WELLOCRACY is the way EMZOR represents its vision of an ideal nation where Unlimited Wellness is Available to All and Affordable by All. The company has consistently offered the highest international quality healthcare products at prices which create value for all. Emzor Products are distributed and marketed by a nationwide network of sales and marketing people, making sure that the products are available at all nooks and crannies of the nation.
- Front wave Limited, a 21st Century Procurement Company borne out of the passionate desire to meet the challenges and dynamism of supply chain management in Africa
- Zolon Healthcare Ltd, a specialty healthcare organization positioned as a leader in the provision of intelligent healthcare solutions to the healthcare needs of her stakeholders by extending the frontiers of unlimited wellness.
- Emzor Chemist: These are retail and dispensing pharmacy stores positioned for the delivery of good quality and affordable products and services in the pharmaceutical downstream to the largest number of Nigerians, bringing unlimited wellness to our doorsteps
- Emzor Hesco Limited, a subsidiary of the Emzor Group incorporated for the provision of good quality hospital and surgical equipment, instruments, consumables and other medical devices that aid in the diagnosis and management of diseases.